It’s no secret that we’ve all experienced a bad hair day or two. Dealing with unruly hair when it just doesn’t want to work with us or cussing at mother nature for her own hand in our hair problems. Whatever the reason, check out our secrets below for help in turning your bad hair day into a great one.
1. Use mini bobby pins instead of regular ones to hide the pins in your updos. Not only will the pins not be seen, it will also allow your hairstyle to be seen instead of the pins.
2. To get a smooth silky effect that will last for days, spray your head with hairspray before you straighten it with a flat-iron. To Do: Brush the sections of hair you want to straighten and then spray with a light mist of hair spray. Iron sprayed sections beginning at the roots and work the iron down to the ends.
3. For quick waves, crimp your hair with a crimping iron and then curl with a curling iron. Style the waves using your fingers and spritz with hairspray to hold the look. Or spritz hair with sea salt and water and scrunch hair for sexy-instant waves.
4. . For an instant headband, try a pair of old panty hose or a pretty ribbon. The pantyhose keep hair in tighter than a normal headband and the ribbon is quick, easy and gives your hair some funky pizzazz!
To Do: Cut off panty hose feet and torso, wrap around your head and tie the ends together. For ribbons, wrap around the head and tie. You can either hide the bow or show it off.
5. If you have a problem with the frizzies, try adding jojoba oil to the ends of hair or anywhere your hair is frizzy. For added moisture, heat the oil or wrap in a heated towel for a few hours. Afterwards, be sure to shampoo and rinse hair thoroughly to remove any traces of oil.
6. Using a spray-on or leave-in conditioner once a week will help penetrate hair cuticles and leave your hair feeling soft and looking beautiful. Find one that is non-greasy and spray or apply a dime size amount through hair from roots to ends after your regular shampoo and conditioning treatment.
7. Use Velcro rollers for a natural sexy look. To Do: Apply a small amount of styling product when hair is slightly damp. Next, roll up hair and allow to dry completely before removing. Remove rollers carefully and add a small amount of hairspray underneath hair.
8. Finally, if you want great hair, avoid chemicals as much as possible. Bleaching, perming and dying your hair are eventually going to take their toll on the health of your hair. If you want great curls, try rag rollers or braids. While you’re at it, you may want to lay off of the styling products as well. Too much of your favorite styling gel or spray can make your hair look dull and feel sticky.